The Cetus Pro FPV is the perfect entry-level FPV system for beginners and hobbyists looking to fly their own drones or learn how to pilot them safely. It includes everything needed to start your journey into the world of FPV: an HD camera, transmitter, receiver, battery pack, charger, flight controller board, propellers, antennae, and even a carrying case!
This is a very different drone from BETAFPV. It’s a brushless whoop drone designed from the ground up for FPV beginners. With three modes, you can start your FPV journey at a stable, fundamental level – and then progress. If you’ve ever felt that FPV is too difficult to tackle, this is the solution for you.
Cetus Pro FPV Features:
- The auxiliary flight function is greatly reducing the threshold of operating. This is the lightest key to open the door to advanced FPV.
- This is a brand new design for FPV in a brushless quadcopter. Cetus Pro is robust and fast, allowing you to fly faster, race, and even (with practice!) do freestyle flying. It’s also powerful and blew us away in its wind resistance testing.
- Features a light 1-2S Pro Brushless FC and the PA12 material frame, making it more durable in flying. Meanwhile, the 360° protection of the whoop frame ensures safe flights both indoors and outdoors.
- Turtle Mode: When the quadcopter falls to the ground upside-down, activate turtle mode with your transmitter to turn it over. No walking through the fields for this.
- With three Flight Modes (described below), pilots can progress from beginner to intermediate to fully manual FPV flight.
- The drone automatically disarms when you crash, or the voltage is low – an excellent feature for beginners.
VR02 FPV Goggles
VR02 FPV Goggles– the First-Person-View Goggles with the simpler operation and powerful function, is specially designed for FPV starters. It comes with built-in 5.8G 14DBI high-quality antennas, you can receive stable and clear images even for long-range flights. Adopt an ergonomic design with a foam sponge faceplate and a three-sided adjustable headband, it fits your face and head perfectly.
FPV Simulator Supported
LiteRadio2 SE radio transmitter can be used as a USB Joystick when connected to the computer. So it’s available to play FPV simulators like EREADRONE. More convenient for practicing and charging at the same time. Besides, the transmitter is more ergonomic with a hobby-grade gimbal and adopted the rubber coat.
Three different flight modes:
N MODE is displayed in the OSD. The quadcopter has the auxiliary function for both vertical and horizontal flight. The quadcopter maintains a fixed altitude when both joysticks are moved to the center. The operation is relatively simple. Novice pilots can achieve simple flight with a bit of practice.
Note1: When flying in Normal Mode, please choose an indoor or outdoor environment without wind. Keep the flight altitude within 0.3-3m. For more details and information about flight mode, please refer to User Manual Chapter 3.5 and 4.1.
Note2: In Normal Mode, a harsh flying environment may lead to an unsatisfactory flying experience. Please avoid flying in the following environments:
- Above water surface or smooth ground (which will affect the auxiliary function for horizontal flight, resulting in inaccurate positioning)
- Intense sunlight or pure black ground (which will affect the auxiliary function for vertical flight, resulting in inaccurate altitude control);
- High wind (which will affect the overall flight).
S MODE is displayed in the OSD. It has no auxiliary flight function. The pilot needs to control the flight altitude by operating the throttle joystick. The quadcopter will maintain a horizontal attitude when the direction joystick is moved to the center. This mode features difficult operations and is suitable for a skillful pilot.
M MODE is displayed in the OSD. The quadcopter has no auxiliary flight function. A pilot manually controls the altitude and attitude of the quadcopter. The quadcopter will maintain its current attitude when the direction joystick is moved to the center. Acrobatic flight is possible. The operation is difficult, and the pilot needs a lot of practice.
Cetus Pro FPV Quick Guides:
TURTLE is displayed in the OSD. If the quadcopter crashes into the ground and the fuselage is flip, the turtle mode can be activated to reverse the motor and turn the quadcopter back to the front.
The speed threshold of the quadcopter can be controlled by the Switch SC on the remote control radio transmitter:
- It is low gear if switch SC is down (SLOW).
- It is middle gear if switch SC is in the middle (MID).
- It is high gear if switch SC is up (FAST).
Optical Flow Positioning ON/OFF
In Normal Mode, the optical flow positioning function of the Cetus Pro quadcopter is turned on by default, which provides an auxiliary function for horizontal flight. It will bring a better flying experience in an environment with more obvious ground features and sufficient light.
The optical flow positioning function can be turned off if the quadcopter needs to fly in an unsatisfactory environment. The quadcopter will lose its auxiliary function for the horizontal flight when the positioning function is turned off. The pilot needs to adjust the horizontal position of the quadcopter manually, and this requires better skills.
Altitude Hold, Easy to Fly
The altitude hold function enables Auto-Hover. This quadcopter can stay at a current height when pilots’ hands are off the transmitter. Barometer/laser achieves accurate and stable positioning, which makes the quad hovering indoors very stable. The flight has never been so easy for a beginner!
- Positioning system: Optical flow/ Barometer/ Laser
- Height positioning: Laser/ Barometer
- Position locating: Optical flow (effective height 0.3-3m)
- Accuracy of auto-hover: Horizontal ±0.2m, vertical ±0.3m (under no wind environment)
- Receiver protocol: Frsky D8
- Flight controller: Lite 1-2S Pro brushless FC
- VTX: 25mW
- Camera tilt degree: 30°
- Camera: C02 FPV Micro Camera
- Transmitter: Literadio2 SE Transmitter
- TX mode: Mode 1 & Mode 2 optional
- Goggles: VR02 Goggles
- Motor: 1102-18000KV Brushless motor
- Propeller: 40mm 3-blade 1.5mm shaft hole
- Takeoff weight: 33.19g (without battery)
- Power system: 1S
- Battery: BT2.0 450mah 1S Battery (external)
- Flight time: 4-5min
- Flight distance: 80m (in wide & undisturbed environment)
For more info and instructions, please check the User Manual for Cetus Pro FPV Kit.
- 1 * Cetus Pro Brushless Quadcopter
- 1 * LiteRadio2 SE Transmitter (Frsky D8 Protocol)
- 1 * VR02 FPV Goggles
- 2 * BT2.0 450mAh 1S Lipo Battery
- 1 * BT2.0 Battery Charger and Voltage Tester
- 1 * USB Charging Cable (Type-C)
- 1 * Type-C Adapter
- 1 * Prop Removal Tool
- 4 * 40mm 3-blade Props
- 2 * User Manual and Quick Guide
- 1 * Portable Storage Bag